With the introduction of the New Mégane RS 265 LUX 2.0 Turbo, Renault Sport delivers the ultimate performance plus package
- Latest addition to the RS line-up fronts Renault’s new design identity with bold front grille design encapsulating brand’s distinctive logo
- Optimised 2.0 litre RS Turbo powerplant delivers explosive performance: 195kW @ 5 500rpm, maximum torque of 360Nm at 3 800rpm and top speed of 250kph
- Renault’s inclusion of Smart Technology features and fitments as standard continues to set the bar
With the introduction of the New Mégane RS 265 LUX 2.0 Turbo to the popular and much-in-demand Renault Sport line-up in South Africa, Renault continues to stay tuned to its customers’ needs and wants.
Mégane Renault Sport has earned numerous accolades the worldwide and having scooped the titles of ‘Hot Hatch of the Year 2011” and “2012 Best Buys – Hot Hatch” awarded by South Africa’s CAR and TopCar magazines respectively, the newcomer has a reputation to live up to. According to Brian Smith, vice president of marketing and communications at Renault South Africa, “the New Mégane RS 265 LUX won’t disappoint!
“With its optimised Renault Sport engine, the 265 offers high performance coupled with Intelligent Technology. To reiterate the words Nic Cackett, a top UK road tester, “it’s both phenomenally capable and phenomenally rewarding.”
“Available from today at Renault dealerships countrywide, I would urge the motoring public to book a test drive and judge for themselves,” he adds.
Sophisticated yet sportyexterior exudes expression of high level performance and technology
In keeping with Renault’s instantly recognizable bold new design identity, the imposing grille also incorporates Renault Sport badging beneath the distinctive and enlarged Renault logo centerpiece.
Sporty and muscular yet sleek and refined, the three-door New Mégane RS 265 LUX’s visual signature is further enforced by the F1-styled blade insert in the front bumper and daytime running LED integrated into the lower segment. In the rear, the centre-mounted exhaust with chrome detailed tailpiece is a fully integrated part of the diffuser. Like the aerodynamic F1-styled splitter in the front bumper, the rear diffuser and lip spoiler are hallmark features across the RS line-up and serve as reminders of Renault’s Formula 1 prowess.
Stylish 18” anthracite grey RS alloys complete the picture.
Sporty interior with no compromise on comfort
Like its predecessor, the New Mégane RS 265 LUX marries sport and comfort, two quintessential components of every Renault Sport road car that afford true motoring pleasure and the ultimate driving experience. High quality and refinement is evident in every detail of the cabin’s design, styling and ergonomics as demonstrated by the RS clusters and logo on the dashboard and the stitching which is centre positioned on the steering wheel. The fitment of drilled aluminium sports pedals and RS door sills enhance the fine detailing.
With its high level of comfort, the New Mégane RS 265 LUX is perfectly adapted to daily use. The RS leather seats – electrically adjustable and heated – afford exceptional lumbar support and comfort, more important than ever for when the extreme driving bug bites!
Energy and efficiency in motion
The 2.0 litre, 16-valve, 4 cylinder RS Turbo petrol engine delivers 195kW (265hp) at 5 500 rpm and maximum torque of 360Nm at 3 800 rpm. In tandem with a six-speed gearbox, the powerplant delivers exceptional performance: a 0 to 100kpm sprint clocks up just six seconds while top speed is a remarkable 250kph. With performance pegged at the top of its category, fuel economy still remains optimised.
Innovation deliver most up-to-the-minute, on-board experience
On-board super-smart technology that are standard fitments on the New Megane RS 265 LUX deliver consummate convenience. These include:
- TomTom® LIVE Navigation (LIVE services)
- Bluetooth® connectivity which enables safe and convenient hands-free telephony and music streaming from remote devices whilst on the go
- Renault hands-free key card for keyless starting by remote control as well as locking/unlocking of the doors and boot
- Radio CD MP3 with USB port plus fingertip controls behind the steering wheel
- Cruise control + speed limiter that allows the electronic setting of the driver’s choice of cruise or maximum speeds
WORLD-CLASS SAFETY FEATURES AS STANDARD
Renault’s stance on safety is well documented and, as with all passenger cars in the Renault line-up, safety on the New Mégane RS 265 LUX is of paramount importance. A comprehensive array of passive and active safety features and fitments are standard. These include:
- ABS braking coupled with Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) which, in the event of loss of vehicle control due to excessive speed or slippery road conditions, helps to get the vehicle under control by reducing engine power and braking on independent wheels
- Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR) anti-skid system
- Eight (8) airbags (driver, passenger, side and front anti-submarining system)
In addition to driver and passenger seat belts, with the fitment of 3-point safety belts for the three rear passengers, safety for all passengers is assured.
ADVANCED DRIVER TRAINING
Renault is committed to responsible and safe driving and offers Advanced Driver Training to the drivers of Renault Sport vehicles, as well as all Renault owners and even the general public.
“With the transfer of racing technology to our production cars there is a need and responsibility to equip drivers with the necessary skills to drive and handle these high performance vehicles,” advises Smith.
“The Renault Advanced Driver Training programme, a courtesy to all RS customers, provides a broad and comprehensive range of advanced driver training that includes not only the high performance race track and skid pan courses, but also training that assist in the day-to-day hazards that face drivers on our public roads. We welcome you, to start your journey with us and master the art of safe driving.”
SERVICE AND WARRANTY
As is the case across Renault’s entire product range, the New Mégane Renault Sport 265 2.0 Turbo LUX comes with Renault’s industry-leading 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty plan. Six-year anti-corrosion warranty and 5-year/90 000km service plans also apply. Service intervals are at 10 000km.
RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICING
– New Mégane Renault Sport 265 LUX R 389,900
– Options avialbale:
- Fixed Glass Roof R 8,000
- Rear Camera Park Assist R 5,000
- Metallic Paint R 2,500
Special Metallic Paint (Sirius Yellow) R 20,000